Ever have a block when trying to decide what to make for your friend who is expecting? I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite items to make for just such an occasion! Below is my Ultimate Baby Shower Must Sew List!
This gem showed up in my news feed yesterday. She’s been wearing that body suit for three months now!
Every new mom puts the 30 pack of white onsies on the registry…but wouldn’t a custom body suit be cuter? Also, scrolling through Facebook and seeing pictures of that new little one wearing something you made…it is one of the best feelings.
Another day, another custom outfit by Marvelous Auntie M for this sweetheart.
Peek A Boo Pattern Shop is my go to source for sewing all things baby! Her patterns are easy to follow and beginner friendly if you are new to sewing with knits.
This is probably my most favorite and special thing that I’ve made. It truly was the Best Day Ever when my friend Amber adopted this precious baby boy.
Here is my list of must sew items for that new baby:
- Lullaby Line Body Suit. Need I say more. Custom onsies mean no more embarrassing “she’s wearing the same outfit” moments.
- Lullaby Line Baby Gown. So quick to sew up and so sweet with the optional fold over mitts.
- Lullaby Line Hat.
- Lullaby Line Mitts. Use scraps from your Lullaby Line Gown to whip up a matching hat and mitts! Keep those little faces scratch free!
- Lullaby Line Kimono Kid top. This adorable top makes for easy on and off with the diagonal snap front.
- Does It All Diaper Bag. The name says it all. This bag features TEN pockets! A pocket for everything!
- Does It All Diaper Clutch. Just order a little bit extra fabric and make one to match the diaper bag! This is a changing pad that also has a pocket for diapers and wipes.
- Tinkle Tee Pees are a free pattern from Peek a Boo Pattern Shop with a tutorial here. Must have for the new #boymom.
- Bandana Drool Bibs. Another free pattern and tutorial from Peek a Boo Pattern Shop.
- Maxaloones by Max and Meena. Grow with me pants = clothes that fit longer! Size one fits 6 months up to 3 years! Easily add a skirt for a girlier look.
- Aragon bag by Sew Sweetness. This bag makes a great diaper bag.
- Filigree Double Zip Pouch also by Sew Sweetness. You can line this with PUL and it’s waterproof! Makes a great quick change bag keeping diapers/wipes on one side and a clean change of clothes in the other.
- Maggie’s Stay On Booties by Beautiful Pie Shop. No more worrying about losing socks or baby having cold feet!
14. Custom burp rags. Because spit happens.
15. Quilts and blankets because you can never have too many blankets! I currently have 6 quilts handy at all times.
Here are some more sweet photos that made me smile when they showed up in my newsfeed:
Sweet little guy in his grow with me pants. Another special outfit for his first time meeting family and friends after arriving home.
Two years later and she still uses her quilt that I made!
I made this little guy a rag quilt that just so happened to match his nursery!
Little ladies man!
Faux chenille blankets are perfect for sitting on at the park!
Cuddled up in the winter time in his favorite blanket.
Almost two years later and she still loves her faux chenille blanket I made!
If you need a fabric source for knit fabric, check out Peek A Boo Fabric Shop! They have great quality solids, Art Gallery, Riley Blake, Birch Organics, custom fabric and more!
And if you don’t sew yet…you can always message me for a custom listing!
Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend patterns and designers that I love and hope you do too.