For this bag tour, I chose the Snazzy Slouch. I had a couple of reasons for wanting to sew this one up. The first is that I love the idea of the interior zipper pocket divider. The second is that it is the perfect pattern for showcasing a favorite fabric on the exterior pockets.
My first love is quilts. I love picking out the fabrics, piecing them, quilting them and the way they feel. While flipping through one of my many quilting magazines, I came across this string pieced log cabin quilt as you go block. The pattern in the magazine was for a throw size quilt and made 6.5″ square blocks. It’s easy enough to alter the size by just adding more strips around the exterior. To make the exterior pockets, I made four 8.5″ square blocks and sewed two together.
I love how the quilted blocks look on the Snazzy Slouch. I used Kona solids for the exterior fabric and solid sections of the quilt blocks. If you don’t have cotton quilt batting, you could always make the quilt blocks for this bag using fusible fleece. I didn’t press the quilt block as I was making it, I just finger pressed the seams and then gave it a good press once the block was complete.
Are you done drooling yet? If so, I have a special treat for you! Two people will be able to win a copy of the Snazzy Slouch pattern! All you have to do is comment with the fabric line and designer used on the lining and quilt blocks. That’s simple enough, right? Correct answers won’t be published until the winners are drawn/announced on 11/21.
There are also some other awesome prizes up for grabs via the rafflecopter below and even some coupon codes for you! Make sure you check out the sponsors and the rest of the stops on this tour for other fabulous bags and the chance to win more patterns!
- ChrisW Designs is taking 20% off all patterns until end of day (Australian Central Standard Time) November 21. Code GlobalBlogTour17 (applied automatically with this link. Buy without fear: If you purchase during the tour and then win a pattern, your purchase price will be refunded.
- Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link) is offering a 10% discount for the duration of the tour. Use code: CWD10. (Excludes interfacing and Emmaline Bling.)
- Bobbin Girl has a 10% discount using code BLOGTOUR17. (Not to be combined with any other discount or rewards points.)
- Gold Star Tool is taking 15% off for our tour readers. Use code chriswdesigns.
- Zipit (aff link) is also offering a 10% discount on shop items. Use code ChrisWDesigns.
- 3 digital patterns from ChrisWDesigns
- 7 yard bundle of WovenFuse interfacing from Got Interfacing?
- $25 USD voucher from Hawthorne Threads
- Sugar and Spice hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link)
- Ellen’s Esplanade hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link)
- $50 CAD shop voucher from MM Cork Supply
- $50 USD shop voucher from Sew Sweetness
- $30 CAD shop voucher from Emmaline Bags
- $100 USD gift card from Gold Star Tool
- $30 USD gift certificate from Zipit (aff link)
- $50 USD gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop
(Australia Central Standard Time)
// Please note that none of these post links are available before the scheduled date (ACST). If you click on one too early, you will get an “Error 404: Page not found.” You know about those, right? //
Sunday, November 12
- Tour Launch on ChrisW Designs Blog
Monday, November 13
Tuesday, November 14
Wednesday, November 15
Thursday, November 16
Friday, November 17
Saturday, November 18
- Tour Docking and Giveaway on Flying by the Seam of my Pants
Tuesday, November 21
- Giveaway winners announced on all the blogs:
ChrisW Blog, Glitter in my Coffee, Michelle’s Creations, Flying by the Seam of my Pants, Serial Bagmakers, Tiger in a Tornado, Vanaehsa, Judith Stitches and More, Doctora Botones, Sewsewilse, Suck It Up Buttercup, Vicky Myers Creations, Marvelous Auntie M, inspinration, Fée bricolo, Trisha’s Craft Corner
I was provided a free copy of this pattern for this blog post.